Friday, July 19, 2013

Vacation Blogging

In a few days, we will be going on vacation. We are heading to California and due to what I believe to be early onset Alzheimer's, I think I will blog this event.(I made the mistake of reading the book Still Alice and now I'm convinced I also have this ugly disease)  First, it's going to be way to expensive to just go and not remember it and second, I'm sure my kids will be sick with worry about their parents traveling and the shame we could bring to their good family name.  Oh, wait, that's my worry when they travel....never mind.

Anyway, here are the rules:  I will not be taking the laptop.  I just don't want to mess with it.  I will blog from my blogger app on my phone.  So, when you see the wrong form of your or You're or their, there they're being used, please just grin and bear it.  If you see a word spelled incorrectly just mutter to yourself "damn auto correct"  I will maybe go back later and correct my errors.  I would really hate hundreds of years from now for someone to stumble upon this work of art and believe I never got past the eighth grade.

Although we are going with another couple, they may remain anonymous. I may refer to them under an alias, such as Bonnie and Clyde, and all pictures will just be of their back sides unless special permission is granted.  One of them is a public servant and I really don't want to be responsible for her  forced retirement.  I will take responsibility for my own.  So, if there is any drunken debacle or even minor law breaking you may never know.  However, if it's a good enough story you just might.  Who knows.

The plan is to Fly to LA and our first stop is the happiest place on earth AKA Disneyland.  (John C. WILL debate this later)  Here's John's favorite joke:

John:  You know what the best part of Disney is?
Me:  No, what?
John:  The ride home.... BOOOOOM!

He is not a Disney fan, but we are going to make him like it dammit. From there we go up the coast  with stops here and there and finally end up in a house at Napa or is it Sonoma?  I'm just along for the ride and not too worried about details.  From there will will visit San Fran and basically whatever else we want to do.

I don't want to bore anyone, but if you would like to take a virtual tour to California, check in every so often and see what's going on.  By the way, Vivian wants me to add that we have a house sitter and a pit bull.  The pit bull loves blood so beware.  Sarah's a mean witch also so don't tangle with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment