Monday, March 5, 2012

TODAY I'M WHINING.

I'm back....Not 100% back, but I'm at least back home.  This time pretty much mirrored the last time.  The Aultman hospital staff is top notch and nobody ticked me off.  I love medical people all of them from Dr's to STNA's to the student nurses.  They many times have a thankless job and I just want to give a shout out to all the nice people along the way.  They see a lot and deal with a lot and they do it with grace, patience and professionalism. 

I know I sound like a broken record, but the waiting and anticipation for procedures/operations is still the worst.  This time it was kind of entertaining because while in the QUE waiting for surgery there was a six year old on one side and a 2 year old on the other. They were having the typical, tonsil, adenoids and tube type operations, but this doesn't make it any better if you are the parent.  I loved  that while waiting, my anesthesiologist played with the kids and made them balloon "art" out of the surgical gloves.  I'm sure the parents appreciated it also.  One funny little story is the six year old overheard a surgeon telling an older woman with bad diabetes that they were going to take her big toe off.....he DIVED into that bed and covered his head as though he was going to have to witness it.  It was cute.  I wonder how he will remember that story years from now, when he is recalling it for his kids.  I'm pretty sure it will be worse than it really was.  He will be telling his kids that back in his day, they did amputations right in the waiting room......

As everyone now knows, I'm sure, the surgery was a success and I'm free of cancer.  Now we just have to recuperate for the second time.  These incisions are impressive as far as how far the pain goes.  It truly feels as though he not only cut me horizontally 6-8 inches, but he took the top flap above the incision and STRETCHED it and hooked it on the end of my nose and then the bottom flap he stretched down and hooked it on my big toe.   This, of course made it possible for the Dr to literally climb inside me with a coal miners helmet and football cleats to look around.  I'm just telling you in the most dramatic way possible what it feels like.  I know there are surgeries that are twenty times harder than this believe me I do, but this smarts a little. 

I think that's it for today.  I'm not seeking sympathy....just a nap. 





1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl!

    YOU are amazing! Two major surgeries in 6 weeks time......amazing!

    ReplyDelete