Sunday, February 19, 2012

WOMEN'S ISSUES

How in the world did birth control become a hot topic for the presidential election????  I believe an equally fair question is how did the POPE get involved in birth control?  I do NOT want to talk politics or religion for that matter, but I can talk birth control. 

Guys have two choices condoms and vasectomy. Women have The pill, the patch, the IUD, the shot, the diaphragm., the sponge, vaginal ring, cervical cap, ....on and on and on.  This alone tells me it's a woman's issue.    Have you ever noticed the amount of men that make the appointment for a vasectomy only to cancel it?  I know quite a few actually and my husband was one of them.  Between kid 2 and 3 he made the appointment and then backed out.  Then Jonathan arrived. I do not regret a thing.  I knew after Jonathan was born we truly didn't need anymore.   John told me I couldn't come home from the hospital until my tubes were tied.  (he said this jokingly of course, but I knew he was right) 

I'm one of those rare women who LOVED to be pregnant.  I never felt better than when I was pregnant.  If scientists could figure out what it was, I would like the cocktail of hormones that mimics pregnancy.  Equally fun for me was the time in the hospital after the baby was born.  I had easy births so that time was spent holding a sleeping baby, watching TV and ordering whatever I wanted for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  This was ruined with Jonathan because I spent the entire next day not able to eat until the doctor did my tubal and they left the thing in my back for my epidural which meant no sleep and no comfort.  So, on top of recuperating down below with pushing a 9lb 1oz baby out, I then had to have yet another procedure and heal from that.  (the gas they pump in is a killer afterwards)

so yea, I don't think men sitting around talking about women's issues is a good idea.  I think it's even less a good idea for men who have never been married, never had children or  family experience to sit around making rules about women's issues.  I am not a man hater.  Most men I know are progressive and get it. I work for a catholic, family owned business and they get it.   Let's get it out of politics and religion and let women worry about it, we have it handled!

No comments:

Post a Comment